It is obligatory that the articles submitted for publication have not been previously published or sent for publication to a journal. Articles published in the journal cannot be published elsewhere or presented as a paper without permission.
All responsibility for plagiarism and unauthorized data use belongs to the author or the authors of the studies published in the journal or submitted for publication. Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering does not accept any responsibilities for such cases. All authors must have academic and scientific contributions to the submitted article. The authors cannot request prioritization for their articles. The articles should be prepared in accordance with the ethical principles that are internationally accepted. A copy of the Ethics Committee Report should be uploaded with the article at the time of the application, if necessary. For more detailed information, please read Principles of Publication Ethics.
The article should be revised based on the recommendations of the reviewers and its conformance to the final printing format should be checked by the authors. Responsibility for the errors in the article that is published in the journal belongs to the authors.
Each article that is accepted for publication in Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering is given a DOI number.
In accordance with the publication rules of Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering, the information stating where, in what scope, when and in which issue number the Ethics Committee Approval has been obtained must be stated for the studies that require Ethics Committee Approval, legal /special approval.
Studies that require Ethics Committee Approval;
- Studies that involve animals for experimental purposes
- Clinical studies on humans
- Retrospective studies in accordance with the law on the personal data protection
- All kinds of researches are carried out with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require collecting data from the participants using interview techniques, surveys, observations and experiments.
- All kinds of researches are carried out with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require collecting data from the participants using surveys, interviews, focus group works, observations, experiments and interview techniques.
Besides, information regarding the informed consent form that is signed in case reports must be included in the article. Permission should be received from the owners of the contents such as photographs, scales, surveys that are used in the article and this fact should be stated in the article. It is obligatory to comply with copyright regulations for the use of intellectual and artistic works. Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering adheres to and applies the international Principles of Publication Ethics by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). The journal publishes studies that have not been previously published in any language by another journal or that are not under review process in another platform. All articles should be written in accordance with the general ethical rules specified by COPE. Authors, Reviewers and Editors must adhere to the international standards based on the recommendations made by COPE and general publication requirements. Below are some important points.
The Duties and Ethical Responsibilities of the Authors
- Studies presented in the submitted articles must comply with the rules of research ethics
- Articles that violate ethical principles are rejected.
- The articles that are submitted to the journal must be ‘original.’
- The results of the study should be published as a single article and its integrity and quality should be preserved.
- If the information or data used in or produced for the study that is submitted to journal is requested, this information/data should be provided to the editorship in a file and in an understandable way.
- The author should cite the sources that are used correctly and should do this in accordance with the ethical principles.
- There should be no conflict of interests in the submitted articles; if so, it should be clearly stated.
- If the submitted article is under review in another journal, it cannot be presented to FUJECE.
- Written consent should be received from everyone who has contributed to the study, yet is not among the authors.
- Names of authors cannot be added or removed from the article once it is submitted. Contributions of all authors should be written in detail in the section specified in the template.
- The author should not get in contact with the editorial board during the review process.
- People who are not involved in the study should not be listed in the authors’ list and requests such as adding and removing authors and changing the order of the authors’ names should not be made during the review and publication processes.
- If an error is noticed in the article, the editor should be informed regardless of the phase of the article (review, early view, published), in order to make corrections or withdraw.
- If Ethics Committee Approval is not required, this fact should be stated on the last page of the article and in ‘Methods’ section.
- The contributions of the authors to the article should be written in detail in the section specified in the article writing guide.
- The author should not get in contact with the editorial board within the average review period that is reported on the website.
Duties and Ethical Responsibilities of the Reviewers
- The appointed reviewer should not agree to review an article if she/he does not have sufficient expertise on its subject.
- Review should be done impartially, without prejudice and in confidentiality.
- If a conflict of interest or ethical violation is detected, the field editor should be informed.
- The reviewer should make constructive comments and editing without using negative humiliating language during the review process.
- The reviewer should answer the review invitation positively or negatively and comply with the time given for the review.
- The reviewer should destroy the related documents after the review process.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Editors
- Attention should be paid to the expertise, competence and experience of the reviewers to be appointed.
- The editor guides the reviewers and authors about the procedures.
- The editor tries to improve the quality of the publication.
- The editor protects the copyright of the authors.
- The editor keeps the records of the studies and the correspondence about the journal in electronic or printed form.
- The editor manages unethical behavior in accordance with the rational ethical rules.
- The articles uploaded to the journal are evaluated by the relevant editor to check whether they are suitable for the journal and then sent to the reviewers.
- The editor communicates effectively with those who are involved in the publication process and meets with the Editorial Board regularly.
- The editor tries to forestall the problems that may occur during the closed review process.
- The editor does not ignore positive comments by the reviewers unless there is a significant problem in the article.
- The editor starts the preliminary evaluation process for the articles submitted to the journal unless there is a significant problem.
- Freedom of thought should be given importance.
- The editor tries to improve the journal by publishing studies that are of higher quality.
- The editor forestalls the problems that may occur during the closed review process.
- The editor assigns the reviewer according to the subject of the article.
- The editor ensures that the reviewer pools are constantly updated and comprehensive.
- The editor does not allow evaluations that are not polite and scientific.
- The editor directs the Editorial Board for the independent and impartial review of the article.
- The editor works with the members of the Editorial Board who have the appropriate qualifications and can contribute to the process.
- The editor takes the expertise of the board members into consideration for the articles submitted to them for evaluation.
- The decisions that the editor takes should be independent of the publisher and the owner of the journal.
- The editor should ensure that the articles are reviewed impartially and this process is completed on time.
- The editor protects the personal data of the readers, reviewers and authors.
- The editor ensures that human and animal rights are protected in the articles in which human and animal experiments are carried out. If the Ethics Committee Approval and the necessary permissions are not documented, the article should be rejected.
- The editor does not allow misconduct and abuse and makes the necessary investigation in such a case.
- The editor protects the intellectual property rights of the published articles and defends the rights of the journal and authors in case of violation. The editor ensures that the contents of the published articles do not violate the intellectual property rights of other publications.
- The editor evaluates the criticism made about the published articles and ensures that the authors use their right of reply.
- The editors should take the possible negative results of the studies into account.
Violation of Ethical Principles
If the ethical principles are violated in the articles that are published and in early view or if such violation is noticed regarding the editors, reviewers and authors, this should be reported to the journal via email@example.com
OPEN ACCESS INFORMATION
Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering provides open access with the principle that providing scientific researches to the public free increases the global sharing of knowledge.
The articles that have been reviewed and accepted to the journal are published online without any article submission and/or evaluation fee.
RECOGNITION OF FUND SOURCES
All funding sources for the research reported in the article should be listed in detail at the end of the article before ‘References’ section.
ARTICLE REVIEW PROCESS
All research articles submitted to Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering are first evaluated by the journal’s secretariat to determine whether they have been written in accordance with the journal’s rules and ethical principles. The articles that pass this first evaluation successfully are forwarded to the relevant field editor by the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief. The field editor sends the article to at least 3 reviewers who are experienced in the field. During this review, "Closed Review" process is followed and neither authors and reviewers can access each other's information through the article file. The review period is 30 days after the article is sent to the reviewers. When at least 3 reviewer reports are completed, the articles are sent to the authors with minor revision, major revision or rejection decisions. Authors have 30 or 20 days for the articles requiring major or minor revisions. Articles that are not submitted in this period are rejected. After the revisions requested by the reviewers are made, the articles are sent back to the relevant field editor for evaluation. The article can be sent back to the reviewers if the field editor deems it necessary. After the evaluation process, the final decision about the article is made by the Editor-in-Chief or Deputy Editor-in-Chief, depending on the opinions of the reviewers and the field editors.
The articles in different disciplines that are accepted to the journal are included in the printing plan in the calendar determined by the Editorial Board of Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering. The Articles accepted by Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering are published on our website in an unedited full text before printing. The numbers next to the articles on the journal web page are not related to the publication order. In ordering the articles in our journal, the date when the article has been accepted is taken into consideration. The accepted article is included in the printing plan and the necessary printing arrangements are made. Then, the articles are sent to the corresponding author for review.
STATEMENT OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
According to the general publication principles of Firat University Journal of Experimental and Computational Engineering, only those who truly contributed to the relevant study should be considered as authors. The authors are responsible for reporting all personal and financial relationships that may be related to their work. Financial relationships such as employment, consulting, shareholding, payments are easily detectable conflicts of interest and are highly likely to undermine the journal's reputation. Authors should clearly state whether there is a conflict of interest with a document prepared as a letter to the editor along with their submitted manuscript.
The reviewers are responsible for rejecting the reviewer evaluation process in case of any conflict of interest. Reviewers should consult the editor regarding the review process if they have any doubts about a conflict of interest. In order to avoid a conflict of interest, people working in the same institutions as the authors of the article are not selected as reviewers.
Editors are responsible for managing the peer-review process of the articles and have the right to reject the article in case of any conflict of interest. Editors should not have any personal and/or financial conflict of interest regarding the articles they are assigned to. If the editors are on the list of authors of a submitted article, they are excluded from the review process of that article.
Authors will submit only completely original studies and cite the studies and/or words of others appropriately. References should also be made to publications that have been influential in determining the quality of the study. The similarity report should be uploaded in PDF format by using plagiarism software that determines the similarity rates such as iThenticate/Academic Paradigms, Turnitin, LLC-Check For Plagiarism/Grammarly-Plagiarism Checker. The similarity rate should not exceed 25%. The articles that exceed this rate will not be accepted for evaluation.
WITHDRAWAL PROCESS FOR THE ARTICLE
The withdrawal of a published article is made upon the joint request of all authors. Information about the withdrawn article is reported under the title of RETRACTION in the first issue to be published after the date of application to our editorship by the author(s).
In the scientific articles that will be submitted to our journal,
* COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics)'s "International Standards for Editors and Authors" should be considered.